HKAWC can accommodate any style. We use five standard academic styles: MLA, APA, CSE, CMOS/Turabian, and business. If you would like your document edited using an alternative style, simply provide a link to that style guide. We will take care of the rest! Here’s a closer look at our standard academic styles.
1. MLA (Modern Language Association) is typically used for liberal arts- and humanities-based disciplines.
2. CSE (Council of Science Editors) is used in many science-based disciplines and by many scientific journals.
3. CMOS/Turabian (Chicago Manual of Style) is used by most historical and some science journals.
4. APA (American Psychological Association), though originally used only for social and behavioral sciences, has since also been adopted for other disciplines, for example, business and nursing.
5. Business editing is used for professional documents and correspondence. It focuses on professional, active, and consistent language and formatting.